The Look of Verdigris

There are many techniques and products to create the look
of Verdigris. This is one of my favorites because it is easy, works on any surface
and is long lasting, even on outdoor furnishings. Annie Sloan Chalk Paint, in this order:
One coat of each, leaving spots where other colors show through.

1. Graphite
*2. Primer Red 
3. Duck Egg Blue
4. Provence

 Can be topcoated with polyurethane (Do not use wax for anything left outdoors).

*Primer Red: Optional. Use to give look of rust.


For a different verdigris on an outdoor light see my post Patina and Verdigris,

3 comments:

  1. Do you have pictures of anything you have painted this way? I'd love to see. What a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to take some photos, but yes I have used it on outdoor furniture, planters, outdoor lights. I did it with other paints before I found Chalk Paint, but it didn't last. I skipped the rust (primer red) on most of my projects but another variation is to add some Louis Blue for a more zinc look. I used that on a zinc topped potting bench that I leave outside year round.. Thanks,
      Leslie

      Delete
  2. Aam brand new at Annie Sloan paint. Loving your website. Did you post some verdigris projects? what order do you do the paint layers in? I'm doing an antique brass chandelier as my first project
    Thanks
    MJ

    ReplyDelete