Pine Ombre Cabinet


This pine cabinet is for toy storage in a children's playroom. It was purposefully painted to have a very distressed, chippy finish, with a fun ombre color effect. Annie Sloan Chalk Paint is definitely the way to go on a piece that will have heavy use, wear and tear.  It is also a great example of expanding your range of green.



I have a few more green color studies to share These focus on mixing Florence with English Yellow, and Florence with Arles.

                                   




 It is helpful to have a comparison of the difference of green when using English Yellow as opposed to Arles. There is a typo in the last sample card. The correct proportion should read 1 part Florence to 2 parts English Yellow.




4 comments:

  1. Amazing Leslie, I just wonder how you get the effects, is it the sanding or layer of dry brush?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many layers of wax (trying to get a wax crayon effect). A lot of careful sanding. I turned the cabinet on its side to sand, since I tend to sand left to right. That way when upright it has a drippy look. I finished off with a white liming wax. I didn't really dry brush on this.. I think you could have also done this using a wax medium.
      Oh an yes I have been to Tulum , besides its beauty, I think it has almost a mystical quality

      Delete
    2. Do you mean Annie Sloan Wax? How much wax can you put on? And what is white liming wax? I seems we are on different levels Leslie, If you put so much wax isn´t it sticky?
      Vax medium? sorry I dont get it.

      Delete
    3. HI Anna,
      I sent a better explanation to you in an email. Let me know if you didn't receive it.
      Leslie

      Delete