Decisions, Decisions....

I have a Chinese apothecary cabinet that looks almost identical to this one and I can't decide what to do with it. It doesn't quite fit with the rest of the house, so at this point it is inhabiting our basement and serving as storage for all our Christmas ornaments. Painting may help. Or it might be better to let it move on to a new home where it is better appreciated as is.

Sometimes when I am immobilized by indecision, I will try out ideas on a smaller, less intimidating piece. Which leads me to my post for today.


Although hard to see, the scale of this apothecary cabinet is quite different. It is a tabletop size, something you might use as a jewelry cabinet. It was painted with a combination of Old White and Old Ochre. A little Louis Blue was added to the Duck Egg and used on the face of the drawers. I used more Dark Wax than I usually do. It adds the shading and shadows and gives it more dimension. I like it on this, but I still don't know what to do with the large chest. Any ideas?

4 comments:

  1. That is a stunning color combination. Reminds me of beach glass and sand. This blog is one of the best sites I've found on color. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary,
      Thank you! Will you do my PR? ;),
      Leslie

      Delete
  2. Graphite over emperors silk and distress back to the red on the high points to let the Asian roots of it come out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great Idea, Twinscapes. Thanks, I have another apothecary cabinet coming up.
      Leslie

      Delete