Opposites Attract


Opposites on the color wheel (Blue and Orange) not only attract but are stunning when paired together. This old pine pie safe, notice the vents for cooling, is a perfect example.  Mix and layer a little Emperor's Silk with Barcelona Orange over Greek Blue. Old White lightens each of the colors and is dabbed on for texture and highlights. Annie Sloan Chalk Paint makes this an incredibly easy technique for a vintage, distressed style.

I like Annie Sloan Chalk Paint  for my craft and furniture projects, but for walls nothing compares to Pure & Original Fresco Lime Paint. I love the natural variations of shades and tones the lime creates within one paint color. You have to see how gorgeous it is! Checkout my most recent interior design make overs with Fresco. It can be purchased online at www.502paint.com
Bohemian inspir
P.S  Pure and Original also makes a chalk based paint called Classico in 140 colors! Its amazing too!
12357029_1656390691305874_742157543163796326_o

2 comments:

  1. Hi Leslie, I'd really like to reproduce this piece on an ikea jewelry box i've got. It's bright and I love these two opposites together! Do you think you could go a bit more into detail about how you did it? For instance, did you just put one layer of GB and one layer of BO and ES mixed? Did you put an entire layer of OW, or did you just dab it on where you wanted it? And finally, did you use wax to seal it off? I'd really appreciate anything you may remember. I'm in Italy and a novice with painting in general... Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leah,
      Thanks for asking. You might have to play around with this a bit. Ideally you could do it in 2 coats: 1 of GB and next a mix of ES and BO. But rarely am I able to do it so easily.I almost always end up going back with some of all the colors on a paper plate and dabbing here and there. I'm sorry this sounds so vague... If you use Chalk Paint you have to seal it with something, wax, shellac, or polyurethane. Probably wax is enough for a jewelry box.. One thing I rarely do is sand back to reveal a former color.It just doesn't work for me, i just keep adding paint until I'm happy with the result. Don't be intimidated, ASCP is really easy to work with.Let me know how it goes and I would love to see a pic of the end result.
      Thanks again
      Cheers,
      Leslie

      Delete