It's a Military Blue



Originally, the plan was to paint this chest of drawers in various shades of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint®, Napoleonic Blue. Although I like the blue, it is looking a little bland to me. It needs something more, I'm not sure what exactly. Possibly additional color, or maybe some art or a stencil.... Stay tuned...On Monday I will be back with the next version. And you can decide if you like the results. 

If you love blue as I much as I do, check out my posts, Chinese Apothecary Cabinet where I use a combination of ASCP blues, Country Blue Wardrobe  and how to make a Denim Blue.


Have a lovely weekend,
Leslie


4 comments:

  1. I'm SO excited about this post! I have a chest of drawers near in color (though not in shape) to yours. I've been thinking of painting it blue, but really struggling with which blue. I'm very much looking forward to watching yours evolve. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JD, It's a great blue. Check out this fabulous chest of drawers also posted yesterday on Facebook. It's Napoleonic Blue with a twist!

      https://www.facebook.com/TheEmptyNest1/photos/pcb.763019837081479/763019530414843/?type=1&theater

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Wow. It's remarkable how modern that treatment makes the chest appear, and the colors in the stripe are lovely. I think I want to go for a slightly darker and more aged treatment because my chest is going into a room with my grandmother's antique white iron bed. Still looking for inspiration but the image that keeps calling to me is here: http://paintedfurnitureideas.com/key-to-perfect-painted-furniture-distressing/

      Love your blog. I look forward to every post!

      Delete