Inspired by Turquoise





This photo of a pantry drawer was found on Pinterest from here. It's lovely patina, peeling layers, and  cool colors serves as inspiration for my post today.  If you layer Annie Sloan Chalk Paint®, Country Grey, with accents of Chateau Grey, followed by washes of Florence and Provence,  the result will be a beautiful, complex, rich turquoise like the one shown here.

I was a Pinterest girl even before I started blogging. It's a source for inspiration and a great way to save ideas. If you are looking for ideas for your projects, check out my Pinterest Boards, ASCP(Annie Sloan Chalk Paint),  Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint,  and Mirror Mirror

6 comments:

  1. I love how you can identify the colors! This color palette is exceptionally beautiful (and definitely Pinworthy!)

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin
      I'm always looking for unique ways to combine paint colors, so I was excited to find this photo. Thanks,
      Leslie

      Delete
  2. Amazing colors. Lovely and complex.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen,
      I sometimes overlook Chateau Grey (and Olive). When I find a photo like this, it inspires me to use them more often in combinations I wouldn't have thought of before. Thanks,
      Leslie

      Delete
  3. Love the rich complexity of all of the colors - and the chippiness is absolute perfection, Leslie!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurie,
      I love the texture on this but I have to admit it would take some experimenting and practice for me to recreate it. Milk Paint may be the way to go. Have you used it before?
      Leslie

      Delete