Inspired by Louis Vuitton



Years ago I came across a Louis Vuitton trunk for sale in an antique store in Versailles, Kentucky. Even though I knew it was a once in a lifetime, great find, it was still way over my budget and I went home without it. Since then, I have been fortunate enough to collect a few treasured pieces of Louis Vuitton although nothing as wonderful as that trunk. I marvel at the design and craftsmanship that go into all of their pieces, truly works of art.

My post today is inspired by Louis Vuitton and the colors of his signature collection. Using Annie Sloan Chalk Paint® in Arles, part of the Indian Inlay Stencil from Cutting Edge, I painted a repeating, and alternating geometric pattern on this dark oak cabinet.  I love how the color and pattern highlight and contrast the traditional style and dark wood. A simple technique with very pleasing results.

No comments:

Post a Comment