DIY Efex Holiday Ornaments



 
Efex Holiday Ornaments
 
One of my favorite activities of the holidays is making Christmas tree ornaments.  When my children were small it started with construction paper chains, (which I still have), to painting holiday wood shapes, stringing beads, and painting glass ornaments. Although I am more or less on my own these days making ornaments, I still like to create something new for our tree.

Efex™ reached out to me this year and I loved the idea of turning their furniture appliqués into ornaments. Here's  how I did it.
 
Before After Ornaments

Choosing several of their designs, I used my favorite gold spray paint, Rustoleum Bright Coat Metallic Finish.   After they were dry,  I pulled out my Krylon Silver metallic pen and painted accents. Of course you could use other holiday paints and colors, but I love the sparkle of gold and silver on a tree. One of the best things about the Efex™ ornaments is that they are unbreakable. (I don't even want to count the number of glass balls I've lost over the years). And although I don't have little ones running around the tree anymore, I do have my sweet, always excited, golden retriever, Mollie, to keep in mind when trimming the tree.

I used ornament hooks but you could also use string or decorative ribbon attached with Contact Cement.  A  fun, fast, easy and safe, holiday craft for your family. Decorate your tree and enjoy!

Colorways and Efex are partnering for a Holiday Giveaway. Sign up here  to win your  Efex Appliques and  create your own ornaments.

Holiday ornaments can take up a lot of storage space. I store mine in this beautiful cabinet. For more storage ideas see my posts, Colorful Storage,  Flea Market Find,  and   Take One Stepback

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the information... I really love your blog posts... specially those on
    Paint Booths

    ReplyDelete