A Little Goes a Long Way



First off, the theme should be ‘a little goes a long way.’ I had this ugly fireplace in my basement that I’ve been meaning to deal with for a long time. Just awful. If your house was built in the 80’s, you may have a fireplace you hate as well . . .
fireplace before
I’ve been thinking about doing a lime wash and Pure & Original’s Fresco Lime paint gave me just the opportunity. When applied over a mineral surface (like brick), lime paint does not need a primer. It bonds directly to the brick. Lime washes can vary. Some are very thick, some are so thin and translucent. You can achieve either effect (or any between) by varying the amount of water you add to the paint. I went with three parts water, one part paint. That’s quite thin. I was able to cover my entire fireplace with just 100ml of Fresco (really less than 100ml, I had some left over).

fireplace4


This is what was left over after the project. Pure & Original does not offer 100ml sizes for their Fresco Lime, but if you painted a wall, you’d have plenty left over for your fireplace. And even if you just bought 1 liter of Fresco to do your fireplace, that’s a fresh new look for your home for less than $75. Hard to beat that.


fireplace frsco2

After the wash cured (over night), I applied Rust-oleum high heat satin black to the brass trim on the fireplace screen. I wanted it to recede as much as possible!

fireplacerustoleum


fireplace8

fireplace7

If you're interested in Pure & Original paint in the United States, you can order at online at pureoriginalpaint.com. pure-original.com
For more posts about Fresco lime paint, check out There's Only One Fresco, A Fresh New Look, and A Fresco Wash.

I like Annie Sloan Chalk Paint  for my craft and furniture projects, but for walls nothing compares to Pure & Original Fresco Lime Paint. I love the natural variations of shades and tones the lime creates within one paint color. You have to see how gorgeous it is! Checkout my most recent interior design make overs with Fresco. It can be purchased online at www.502paint.com


Bohemian inspir

P.S  Pure and Original also makes a chalk based paint called Classico in 140 colors! Its amazing too!


12357029_1656390691305874_742157543163796326_o

No comments:

Post a Comment