New York Black



Maybe it has to with being from New York, but I love black. Fashion, design, decor, even paint feels elevated to a new elegance when it’s our neutral and darkest color. It highlights everything around it and yet stands out on it’s own. The epitome of chic. Paint it, wear it, always in good taste, timeless and on trend, it makes a statement on it’s own, no matter how it’s used. Every room should have a touch of black
I’m not sure I posted about it, but I painted all of my interior doors black (Rustoleum, oil-based, semi-gloss).
Walls4
Annie Sloan Chalk Paint doesn’t have a true black, more of a dark rich charcoal grey, Graphite
graphite buffet
Pure & Original Paint has several blacks; Black TruffleBlack HillsBlack Smoke, and Black. This is my latest project using Pure & Original’s Classico Paints, Black Smoke and Black.
Black Smoke Black
Here is how I did it: my first coat was P&O Classico Black. Once dry, I added subtle highlights with Black Smoke.
Black Smoke Black large copy
I left the top and edges the natural finish, wiping off any paint I mistakenly put there. Pure and Original makes a Dead Flat Eco Seal, which I love, but I wanted a bit of a shine, so I finished with Annie Sloan Clear Wax, buffing well. I’ve mixed brands before, and Annie’s wax seals P&O Classico (chalk) beautifully. Pure & Original doesn’t offer a wax at this point, because it’s not necessary to seal any of their paints. I chose Clear Wax because I wanted a sheen. Perfectly and completely black:)
If you feel the same way I do about black, you’ll want to check out these posts: Get Your Black On, Black Colors, and Graphite and Exposed Wood

I like Annie Sloan Chalk Paint  for my craft and furniture projects, but for walls nothing compares to Pure & Original Fresco Lime Paint. I love the natural variations of shades and tones the lime creates within one paint color. You have to see how gorgeous it is! Checkout my most recent interior design make overs with Fresco. It can be purchased online at www.502paint.com




P.S  Pure and Original also makes a chalk based paint called Classico in 140 colors! Its amazing too!




No comments:

Post a Comment